FRIENDSGSM

Sales/Unlocking/Service

• Reply to topic

Pixel 2 - Heating up and battery draining after Android 8.1.0 software update

MichaelMorin

Pixel 2 - Heating up and battery draining after Android 8.1.0 software update

Post by MichaelMorin on Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:48 pm

Hi,

Ever since I did the Android 8.1.0 update, I’ve noticed my Pixel 2 heating up while idle and screen is off and the battery getting fully drained within 8 hours after a full charge even though there’s minimum usage of the phone. I’m having to recharge my Pixel 2 atleast twice in 24 hours to get it working through the day. The problem started ever since I did the software update a few days ago. Last night I fully charged my phone to 100% before going to bed and in the morning when I woke up, my battery had gone down to 43% overnight without any active use of the phone. 
My 3 year old iPhone 6S is outperforming my brand new pixel 2 in terms of battery life even though I use my iPhone for calls, Whatsapp, all browsing, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc. I only use my pixel 2 mostly for checking outlook email and calls. However, as indicated above, the battery is getting drained unusually fast even with minimum usage. Tried restarting in safe mode and the problem persists. The Pixel 2 was working fine and battery used to last atleast 20-24 hours before I did the last software update. 
Can someone please help?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
bit.ly 2Igqyrm
Digital advertising service

Thanks
  • Reply to topic

Current date/time is Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:51 pm